Frequently Asked Questions and Rules and Regulations
Why should I enter the Mrs. Washington America Pageant?
The Mrs. Washington Pageant is a preliminary to Mrs. America & Mrs. World competitions. Competing for the title is an incredible and once in a lifetime experience. It is a time to pamper yourself, for self-discovery and meeting new friends. Some do it to lose weight. Do it because you deserve it! There are many pageants out there but we are the only one that is televised throughout Washington State. Watch your TV for upcoming commercials about the Mrs. Washington America Pageant and why we are chosen the most prestigious pageant for married women in our state. Mail the application in today!
Do I have to have children?
No. Many winners at the local and national level have not had children.
Am I too old to win - Am I too young to win?
The judges are looking for a beautiful, well rounded, articulate woman. The judges are not asked to focus on age. There is no age limit. Contestants have ranged in ages 20 through their 60’s.
Is community service required?
You are not judged on community service work. We can help you come up with a platform for the pageant in the event you win so you can make appearances in a charity of your choice that you are passionate about.
Will I be judged on community service?
No. realistically most married women are extremely busy with their careers and children; they are contributing to the community by virtue of serving their own families. While community service is a part of the Mrs. Washington pageant there is no emphasis on community service in the actual pageant competition.
Do I need a performing talent?
No. There is no performing talent.
Is there a height requirement?
There is no height requirement to enter or win. Our state finalists have ranged in heights from 4’8″ to 6′.
I’ve never entered a pageant before; do I have a chance to win?
Yes. We have had many women win their first try. Some have tried a second time while others have competed up to ten years. It depends on the individual. Everyone is given a fair opportunity to win!
Is there a fee to enter?
Yes there is a $500 entrance fee. There are no application fees. We encourage you to get sponsorships to cover all your pageant expenses so you should not have to pay for any costs out of your personal finances. Sponsors love to help and they receive recognition in the official program book. Your community will be honored to offer support, after all you are representing them in the Mrs. Washington Pageant. We have tips on how you can obtain sponsors to help pay for your entrance fee. We will e-mail you sponsor forms once you have signed up.
What other costs are involved?
Pictures by a photographer for the program book (you can get it donated)
Interview Suit (we can lend you one).
Swimsuit and Sarong (we can lend you one).
Evening Gown (we can lend you one).
Cocktail Dress color to be announced (we can lend you one).
Program Book Ad sales are optional
What is involved in the pageant weekend?
Contestants arrive on Friday evening and stay until Saturday evening or Sunday morning.
Will I stay with my family during the pageant?
Yes and you can stay with another contestant the day before to help cover expenses.
Can I be married and divorced?
Yes as long as you are remarried the day you sign up. It does not matter how many times you have been divorced as long as you are remarried.
After winning, what does Mrs. Washington do?
Mrs. Washington will spend her year promoting her platform of choice and the pageant’s platforms.
Can I hold a title in another Mrs. pageant system and compete in the Mrs. Washington America Pageant?
If you are a state or national title holder there is a two year waiting period after you end your reign in another system.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. Applicant must be married as of the date of entry and throughout the State and national competitions.
2. Applicant is and always has been a female and is at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry.
3. Applicant will continue to be a person of good moral character; affirms that she has not committed and will not commit any act inconsistent with the highest standardsof public morals and conventions or that will reflect unfavorably on the Pageant, its representatives, sponsors and or/licensees; that during her majority (18 years of age or older), she has not willingly appeared in provocative and sexually explicit photographs for any film, video, or publication prior to, during the State Pageant, or during her reign as a State winner or as “Mrs America.”.
4. Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen and a resident of the “State”, or “Military Installation”, in the “State” of entrance into the Pageant.
If Applicant seeks to represent the District of Columbia, she must reside in or work within a 25 mile radius, on a full time basis, thereof. Applicant is only permitted to enter one State Pageant per Pageant year, and must follow rules outlined above.
5. Applicant agrees to look solely to the State Director with respect to all matters relating to the State Pageant, including her application to enter the State Pageant, the preparation, rehearsal, performance and selection process relating to the State Pageant and all other matters relating to the State Pageant. Mrs. America, Inc., its Officers, Directors, Agents and Employees are not liable to Applicant for anything whatsoever in connection with the State Pageant.
6. Applicant will attend the Mrs. America Pageant (sometimes referred to as the “National Pageant”) if selected as the Winner in the State Pageant and further abide by all the required services, rules and regulations governing this National Pageant. Applicant is responsible to both Mrs. America and her State Director in the event of non-compliance with the same.
7. Applicant may have a modeling, personal management and/or agency contract, which contract, however, does not include, authorize, or permit the use of the name of “Mrs. America Pageant” or any title designation or reference with respect to the Pageant in any manner. Applicant may not have any commercial tie-up or endorsement agreement or commitment of any kind whatsoever.
Applicant agrees to be bound by the rules, regulations and the Contestant Agreement required by Mrs. America, Inc.
8. No person may compete in the National Pageant more than once. A Contestant may enter the State Competition more than once if she is not the Winner. A State Winner may not enter the same State Pageant again. If a Contestant moves to a different State, she may enter her new State of residence only if she has never competed at the National Pageant.
9. A Contestant may not participate as a contestant in another pageant for married women while holding a city, county, or State title
in the Mrs. America system.
10. Relative to State matters, the Directors shall have the final approval of wardrobe, appearances, press releases, coaching and hair and make-up providers.
11. Applicant hereby authorizes the use of any Pageant photos or video reproduction of the Applicant at the State Pageant for promotional purposes.
12. Mrs. America, at its discretion, may conduct separate contests, such as a: “1st Runner-Up” or “Fabulous Face” Contest and add Delegates to the National Competition. “State 1st Runner-Ups” shall continue to be eligible and compete in said Competitions through the Mrs. America Pageant for the year of entrance.
13. As consideration for this agreement, Contestant promises to pay the respective State entry fee.
14. Failure of a contestant to abide by the rules above may result in disqualification and or removal of a State title at the discretion of the State Director, subject to review by the National Pageant Grievance Committee.